Kilkerran Heavily Peated Batch 3

£40.00

Bottle Size 70cl
Alcohol 59.7%
Age NAS
Style Heavily Peated
Cask Type 80% Bourbon- 20% Sherry
Bottler Springbank
Distiller Springbank
Country Scotland
Region Campbeltown
Colour/Appearance Light gold
Nose
The nose is bright with notes of citrus and smoked applewood. A true maritime coastal influence and hints of blackened, toasted marshmallow and tropical fruit sweetness. As ever, that familiar dunnage warehouse funk hangs in the background.
Palate
Initially biscuity and buttery, flavours of liquorice and fennel developing later. Sweet, fruity peat smoke gives way to a drier smoky peat, evoking that real, full smoky atmosphere of the working kiln room. A signature apple strudel note makes its way through and lemon sherbet flavours develop with every sip.
Finish
Long, well integrated peat smoke carries through. It’s remarkably complex throughout with the heavy peat smoke not overpowering. A malty, cereal character and more of a coastal influence coming through in this batch in comparison to previous editions.

Out of stock

Description

Springbank distillery is the oldest independent, family-owned distillery in The chairman is Hedley Wright, the great, great grandson of John Mitchell, the first  legal distiller of Springbank whisky.

There are a few Scottish distilleries that still malt barley but Springbank is the only distillery which malts 100% of its own barley, using the traditional floor maltings.  The whole production process: malting, maturation and bottling, happens on the one site in Campbeltown. This is unique in Scotland.

Three malt whiskies are produced at Springbank Distillery, each with its own character. Springbank which is 80% of production, is lightly peated and distilled two and a half times. Longrow is more heavily peated and distilled two times. Hazelburn is unpeated and distilled three times.

New Batch 3 has spent 80% of its time in Ex-Bourbon casks and the rest of the maturation (20%)has been carried out in Sherry Casks

ABV 59.7%
Availability 3300 Bottles
Bottled September 2020

Additional information

Weight 2 kg